This release is mostly a bug-fix release, but includes a few features that I had been meaning to get around to, and also has some architectural changes that should allow for some neat things in the future. Mostly though, some real effort went into trying to make Bamboo as intuitive as possible - the growth in popularity has meant that I’m now seeing it installed in some rather “unconventional” server setups (GoDaddy… I hate you).
This version of Bamboo also includes an automated “new version check”. I’m hoping this will reduce the number of very old installations I’m seeing - the newer versions really are superior. The new version check is just a simple file read from the BambooInvoice website, no information is transmitted, but it can be easily disabled in Settings > Advanced Settings > Automatically check for new versions.
You can get the new version from the BambooInvoice website.
If you are a Bamboo user, and discover any issues with this version, please let me know and I’ll get them fixed right up.
Here’s a small sample from the changelog:
- Naming changes on “private” invoice notes.
- Further adjustments to how logos get included. I think this time all the issues are resolved.
- Uploading a logo now changes both the web and PDF views.
- Moved logo insertion code into a centralized location.
- Added “Edit” option to Ajax client contact creation, move text into language variables.
- Specified that logo inserts must be jpg or gif for PDF creation.
- Flushed out new version check tool in utilities. Its functional now.