There’s some discussion in a thread on CodeIgniter about microframeworks, and there’s always some discussion about the newest, latest and greatest PHP framework. I know the market is a bit crowded, but here’s a little something I’ve been working on outside of my time at EllisLab. I’m a bit hesitant to release it to the world, since it competes directly with both CodeIgniter and ExpressionEngine, but its so good that I can’t help myself. I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as me. Here’s some highlights
- It works on all versions of PHP (yes, even those not released yet)
- Its FAST. Really fast. The fastest against anything I’ve ever benchmarked it against and is WAY faster then CodeIgniter.
- Tiny footprint. The whole framework is only a few KB big.
- Compatible with every database that PHP supports.
- Pretty good documentation (not fully developed yet).
- Very small learning curve. If you know PHP, you’ll pick it up right away.
- Catchy name… I mean seriously, who doesn’t think that “Igniter-zen-i-rails” doesn’t kick ass? Crazy people, that’s who.
- We’re corporate… but not too corporate.
Seriously, you should try it.
I’ve included my files so far. Its pretty mature so don’t expect any more development on it. You can download all the files here.
Update: John Fuller has built the first website on my framework, and even added a library! You can see it in action at http://woot.gexla.com/. Thanks John! What license is your library released under?